Planning a holiday getaway to Costa Rica?
Ylang Ylang Beach Resort has you covered with Christmas and New Year’s Eve festivities! Events are free to guests staying on these days, and are available to the public by reservation. We’re as excited as we can be for the holiday season!
Christmas festivities feature renowned guitarist Roberto Víquez and include an all-you-can-eat gourmet buffet, a beach bonfire, and for those staying elsewhere, a free shuttle to and from Montezuma. The price for the Christmas event is $50 for adults and $30 for children under ten.
New Years Eve festivities feature a Cardamomo performance & more live music (from Africa, Brasil & Afro Latino), and also include the free shuttle from town, our beach bonfire, special gourmet buffet and a midnight fireworks show. Prices for this event are $65 per adult and $35 for children under ten.
It’s going to be a blast, and we’d love to see you there!
When on your first Costa Rica vacation, you might not have a clue where you should go or what to do. There are so many activities to do in Costa Rica, you might not be able to choose. However, there are some activities that you do not want to miss.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. This area of Costa Rica is completely unique from the rest of the country. Here, most residents speak English. The area is known for its Afro
- Arenal. The Arenal Volcano is a sight to see. During a clear day, you can see its conical shape rising in the distance. Take one of the many tours available to visit one of the lakes near the summit. At night, you can watch and hear the small eruptions within this active giant.
- -Caribbean culture and delicious Jamaican food. All around you’ll hear reggae playing in every home and business.
- Tortuguero. For a great eco-tourism destination, check out Parque Nacional Tortuguero. Here, the jungle is filled with narrow canals. You can rent a canoe to take you through these canals and take an opportunity to watch and take pictures of the local wildlife.
- The Central Valley. For outdoor adventurists, the Central Valley is the place to be. Experience some of the best whitewater rafting in all of Central America.
- Playa Samara. Playa Samara is one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. It offers white sands and turquois seas.
For more information on visiting Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
When you plan your Costa Rica vacation, consider heading to San Jose for their historical tours. There you can learn about Costa Rican history and explore many of the historical buildings. Several places for you not to miss are listed below.
- Our Lady of Sion. The chapel itself is located at Central and 1st Ave. It was built in the years between 1883 and 1887. It was initially a girls’ school and a convent. Today it is one of the older buildings in the city. It functioned as Sion High School through the 1960s, and it now houses part of San Jose’s Legislative Assembly.
- The Blue Castle. A well-known politician named Maximo Fernandez built this home in 1908. From 1914 to 1923, the home housed the president of Costa Rica. Several presidents stayed there, including Julio Acosta Garcia, Alfredo Gonzalez Flores, Francisco Aguilar Barquero, and Federico Tinoco Granados. In 1989, the Blue Castle became home to the Legislative Directory.
- Costa Rican National Museum. Initially a home built in the 1870s, the Costa Rican National Museum went through several owners before the government bought it in 1914. From 1928 to 1932, the building housed military barracks. Today it is the museum, which houses a pre-Colombian history wing and a wing containing the history of Costa Rica.
- Plaza de la Cultura and Banco Central Museum. Built in 1976, the museum was a center for literary, scientific and artistic activities. It was finished and opened in 1982. It houses many exhibitions and two museums within the large building.
For accommodations and travel information in Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
Now is the time to plan your Costa Rica vacation. The Ylang Ylang Beach Resort announced the arrival of the peak dry season on March 22nd. This means it’s the ideal time to travel to Costa Rica to enjoy the beautiful country during the best weather of the year. However, you must hurry to book your rooms before time runs out.
During the dry season, rainy days are few. This means you can spend all day soaking up the sun without a cloud in sight. It signals perfect weather to hit the beaches or to explore one of the many reserves. Temperatures hold steady in the 90s throughout this season, making swimming the thing to do.
The peak of the dry season emerges in mid-March to April. This brings clear skies and 12 hours of sunshine every day. During this time the Pacific Ocean is nice and calm without large storms or rough surf. Ocean activities are popular and in demand. It is an ideal time for visiting the beach, snorkeling and diving.
Montezuma is very busy during the peak of dry season. This means you will run into lots of beach goers, and you might have a long wait at restaurants. If you stay at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, the crowds are small. You will be secluded in your own tropical oasis without having to worry about all the hustle and bustle. Though you are close to Montezuma, you’ll feel like you are on your own private island paradise.
The fees from both flights and hotels tend to add up, over time. It would be shocking to see just how much money frequent travelers and vacationers spend each year on various fees when they travel. When you are planning your Costa Rica vacation, consider the fees involved. You can also try to avoid many of the fees or have them reduced with the following tips:
- Avoid last minute changes in plans. Did you know that most airlines and hotels charge a fee if you have to change your travel dates? Avoid these fees entirely by not changing travel plans. Or, you could pay more for refundable tickets, at least for the airline. For the hotel stay, look for rooms that allow you to cancel with 24 to 48 hours’ notice.
- Look for hidden fees within your hotel booking. On many of the travel booking websites, extra fees are not always clear. In many cases, you can find some fees in small print if you read over all of the information on each hotel’s page.
- Before booking your vacation, call and ask about any extra fees before getting on the plane. Make sure that your baggage is below the weight limit, and also be aware of the carry-on rules.
- Be aware that many hotels charge extra fees for some of their amenities. This may mean an extra charge for asking for extra towels or bedding. You may also get charged for consuming any food or drink that might seemingly come with the room. This is why it is prudent to always read the fine print.
We’re pleased to offer a discount on your Costa Rica vacation! These promotions are not offered year round and are available for a limited amount of time. Hurry to book your vacation before this good deal is gone.
Right now, if you book a 4-night stay in a tent cabin at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, you’ll receive a discount on the 5th night. Receive a 50% discount on your 5th night! This discount only applies to reservations made with our resort between January 15, 2014 and February 28, 2014. Your stay must be between the dates of March 6, 2014 and March 31, 2014. All bookings are subject to availability, so you would be wise to reserve your cabin now.
You can call or book your rooms online. When booking, please mention the coupon code: TCMAR50%. This coupon expires on Monday, March 31, 2014. Hurry now to claim your offer for 50% off your 5th night stay in the tent cabins at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort!
The dry season is the vacation season for Costa Rica. The weather is great for visiting the beaches or going sight-seeing in the rain forest. Vacation packages in Costa Rica do not commonly have discounts like this during the tourist season, which lasts from December through April.
Deals during the dry season are few and far between. Take advantage of this offer before it is sold out. The sooner you call for a reservation, the better your chances are of finding open cabins to receive your offer. Remember that all offers are subject to room availability.