After you travel to Costa Rica, you will leave wanting to come back again and again. Once you get all the must-see sites out of the way, the exploring really starts. There are many areas of the country that you have likely never seen. Check out three of the places that you have likely never heard of, but cannot pass up.
- Nauyaca Waterfalls. These falls can only be accessed through a long hike through the woods or by horseback. The tallest part of the falls is over 40 meters, with the smallest part being 20 meters. The sound of the falls thunders, and you can hear it echoing throughout the forest, as you get close. Go swimming in several pools near the base of the falls before you hike back the way you came.
- The Tree of Life Tour. Between Dominical and San Isidro del General, you will find this tour. The property contains many acres of rainforest and cloud forest. The forests go all the way to the summit of the Tinamaste Mountains. In the forest, you can visit the Diamante Falls. You can take a hike up to the top of the 600-foot falls and see another 150-foot waterfall with a cave located behind the falls. Spend the night in the cave, which has a full kitchen and sleeping quarters inside.
- Los Heroes. The area used to be cow pastures, but it later became a replica of a Swiss village. The village has two restaurants, a hotel, stables, a chapel, and a train station. The village is located on Lake Arenal, giving you views of the volcano and the surrounding mountains.
For more information on where to go or stay in Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
The peak dry season is the ideal time to travel to Costa Rica. The weather is great and all the roads in the country’s interior will be open for travel. This time of year is excellent for weddings on the beach, or for the perfect honeymoon getaway. If you stay at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort, you’ll get to take part in the iconic candle-lit dinners, along with the classic exotic resort experience.
Though coupons during this season are rare, the Ylang Ylang is offering 50% off the fifth night of stay if you book four nights in a row. This is a great savings during the busiest time of the year. Don’t wait; if you delay, you might find yourself out of luck, since hotels get booked fast during this peak travel season.
The coupon applies to the popular Tent Cabins at the Ylang Ylang. This great deal applies to your stay between May 1st and May 31st, 2014. This applies only to reservations you make between March 20th and April 30th, 2014. Use the code TCMAY50% to redeem the coupon online or over the phone.
Don’t forget to add 13% in taxes to your total cost of the rooms. The rooms are also subject to availability. This means you need to book now, before it’s too late to reserve your vacation destination. Rooms sell out fast when the weather is this nice in Costa Rica!
For more information on the resort and booking a room, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
Many people travel to Costa Rica for the beautiful beaches. The beaches there are known worldwide for their beauty. One of the most remote but beautiful beaches is the Corcovado Beach in the Parque Nacional Corcovado.
Why Travel There?
If you love nature, you’ll love this part of Costa Rica. Here, you’ll find one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world. Four different species of monkeys, two species of crocodiles, four large cat species, and many small mammals and birds are located here.
When to Travel
Since this national park is located in one of the most remote areas of the country, only attempt travel in the dry season. During the wet season, it might be hard to get into the park. You can get there by traveling along the beaches from the north and south. From the east, take a 13km hike from east to west.
The beach at Corcovado is beautiful, but deadly. Black sand covers the beach, leading into the rain forest. The tides are especially strong here and sharks are always present in the waters. The crocodiles there can tolerate salt water, which means you need to watch for them, too.
This national park area offers a lot to do, including hiking and bird watching. You will need to be careful of the natural wildlife, as well as the tides and crocodiles. Bring plenty of water when visiting to avoid dehydration. A portable water sanitation device would be helpful too.
For more information on travel in Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.
When you are considering travel to Costa Rica, you will need to plan out your vacation. This means securing airfare, a place to stay, and also deciding on attractions that you don’t want to miss. Many factors go into planning your travel, including your budget and the season you plan to visit Costa Rica. Those two things will determine your stay and what you do, to a point. However, many other things go into planning a great vacation, like these 5 tips:
- Costa Rica is a top destination for eco-tourism. It is a great country to visit to bird watch and for hiking. About 23% of the country is part of the national park system, making it easy for you to find something nature-related to do.
It is easy to get in to Costa Rica, there is no need for a visa, all you need is a valid passport with more than 3 months expiration on it. You are also allowed to stay for up to 90 days in the country. If traveling from Colombia or any country in South America, prior to getting on the plane, you must have a yellow fever certificate. If traveling anywhere from the North or Central America you will not need this.
The best way to get around Costa Rica is by taxi. Renting a car is very risky. The cost is expensive, close to $700 a week, plus a large deposit. According to travel websites, it is common for unscrupulous rental companies to claim damage to the rental car when there was none.
Spanish is the official language of the country. Learning some common phrases will be helpful, but, if you stick to tourist areas, it is not required.
Two great outdoor things to do are visiting the beaches and going rafting. Since the country is part of an isthmus, there are hundreds of miles of beaches on both sides, in the Caribbean and along the Pacific coast. There are also more rivers per square kilometer than anywhere else in the world, which means rafting is a very popular hobby here.
Discounts on airfare to Costa Rica are not always available. You are not likely to find very many discounts during their dry season, December to April, as this is the peak season. During the wet season, May to November, you have the best chance at cheaper airfare. No matter when you choose to travel, you should do a bit of shopping around.
Do most of your rate checking on the big travel websites, like TripAdvisor or Travelocity. Check several of these websites, because each one offers different rates. However, do not buy any tickets yet. Now that you know the prices, check the airline websites. Many airlines guarantee to have the lowest price on their website. While there, you can also check for sales and promotions.
The decision on whether to buy now or wait is a tough one. There are tools to help with this, such as Kayak’s fare history graphs. This will show you whether or not your airline is offering tickets with the prices going lower or higher. In addition to this, wait until Tuesday to purchase tickets. Tuesdays are when airlines release their sales and promotions.
The last thing you can do to make your travel cheaper is to cash in your frequent flier miles. This option may or may not be available. This depends on how many seats are left on the plane. Also, don’t forget to use your credit card to gain more miles when you purchase tickets.
Asking when the best time to visit Costa Rica is . . . well, that is a loaded question. The answer really depends on what your plans are and how big your budget is. Costa Rica has two distinct seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Otherwise, the temperature is about the same throughout the year, with temperatures in the high 70s to 80s. A Costa Rica vacation can happen in either season, but the best time depends on you.
The Green Season
The rainy season, also called the green season, is the closest thing to winter that Costa Rica has. This season runs from May to mid-November. It is called the green season because the large amount of rainfall makes all of the plants in the country green. The rains cause many country roads to wash out, making travel to some places impossible.
Tourism is not as popular during this season. As a result, prices of everything, including rooms, are lower. If you are not worried about the rains and are on a strict budget, this is the best time to travel. During this time, many hotels will have negotiable prices. Prices for food and other services can also be negotiated.
The Dry Summer
The summer in Costa Rica runs from mid-November to the end of April. This season is mostly dry and hot. This is when tourism is booming, especially during December and January. Prices are very high during this time and hotel rooms are scarce. However, this is when you will have access to the mountain roads and to the most activities.
Vacationing in Costa Rica can happen year round. The best season for you depends on many factors, including what you want to do there and your budget. No matter what budget you have, you can make vacationing in Costa Rica happen.
Before you travel to Costa Rica, you have a lot of preparations to make. You cannot just hop on a plane and jet off to Costa Rica on a whim, especially if you have never traveled out of the country before. Here are some general traveling tips to keep in mind before you set off for Costa Rica.
- Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork – you absolutely must ensure that you have all of the necessary paperwork in place before planning your trip. The last thing you want to do is plan an entire vacation, reserve your accommodations and make travel arrangements, only to find out that your paperwork is not in order.
- Pack accordingly – once your paperwork is in order and you choose your vacation dates, start doing some climate research to ensure that you pack properly. Costa Rica, with all of its beauty, does have its own off-season. While you can save money during the off-season, you have to make sure you pack for the off-season weather.
- Enlist in expert help – traveling out of the country, especially for the first time, can be intimidating. You have to make all of your plans without any firsthand experience of your destination. Hiring a travel agent to help you map out the details can relieve a lot of the stress associated with traveling out of the country. Once you are a seasoned traveler, you will be able to plan your trips like a pro!
Whether you are a first-time visitor to Costa Rica, or practically a resident, the Ylang Ylang resort is always ready and waiting to provide you with the most luxurious accommodations.
If you have never been to Costa Rica, you may not realize exactly what you are missing! When you travel to Costa Rica, it is almost as if you are traveling to another world – a world within a world. Costa Rica provides you with a chance to escape the reality of your world for a while. Costa Rica gives you the backdrop of a tropical wonderland in which to enjoy your time away from home. When you visit Costa Rica, you are visiting a place that will forever capture a spot in your heart.
Costa Rica is a popular tourist destination for many reasons. The beautiful scenery, including lush jungles and white beaches, make it an ideal destination for beach vacationers. The warm, welcoming culture of the locals will make you feel as if you have reached your home away from home. You can enjoy numerous activities and events during your Costa Rican vacation – or you can simply soak up the sun on the beach, dipping your toes into the tropical waters and sipping on a fruity drink.
Should you decide to make Costa Rica your next vacation destination, accommodations are easy to find. The Ylang Ylang is one of the most popular resorts if you are looking for a bit of luxury in your life. If you want a touch of luxury, but your budget is limited, look for our sister hotel located in the El Sano Banano Village. Both the Ylang Ylang and the El Sano Banano offer the best in comfort, cleanliness, dining, and customer service. Contact us today to learn more about both hotels and let us help you reserve your room!
When you travel to Costa Rica, you are sure to want to enjoy the fast-paced activities we have to offer. You may find yourself scuba-diving off the coast, relishing the beautiful creatures of the sea. You may decide to try your hand at surfing or body-boarding, fulfilling your need for speed and excitement. However, there will come a time when your body no longer requires excitement – a time when it requires restoration, peace and relaxation. That is where a spa treatment can come in handy. Here at the Ylang Ylang, we take great pride in our luxury, on-site spa facility. This is simply not your average spa.
At the Ylang Ylang Spa, you will enjoy only the most natural methods of body and mind restoration. We utilize only the finest ingredients in each one of our treatments. We do this to ensure that every aspect of your body is not overlooked – your mind and your soul included. A day at our spa is going to leave you refreshed, revitalized, and feeling like a brand-new person. We offer a wide range of spa services, including facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. Choose a package deal to give your body a full day of beauty, restoration, and bliss. Let our professionals help put your mind, body and soul back in balance. Come to our spa – let us surround your body with nature and all of its elements. Contact us today to arrange for your first appointment at our luxury spa – it is certain to be the first of many.
As you make your plans to travel to Costa Rica, it is important to plan out your vacation. When traveling out of the country, you do not want to leave too much to chance. Having a detailed itinerary will ensure that you experience your surroundings to their fullest without putting yourself in potential harm’s way. Here are some other tips to consider when traveling out of the country.
• Make sure you have all of the necessary documents, such as passports, identification, and other essential documents. Then, store these documents in a safe, secure location during your stay, such as a hotel safe.
• Experience the local culture – but avoid straying too far off the beaten path. Speak to the concierge of your hotel to find out some safe local activities you can enjoy. He or she will point you in the right direction of activities that will provide cultural immersion in a safe environment.
• Leave yourself some free time. You may think that you want to spend all of your time taking in the sights of the country. However, this is your vacation, and you are sure to need some time to do nothing more than relax. Make sure you allot some time for yourself during your vacation.