Travel to Costa Rica doesn’t have to be expensive. Though vacations can be pricey, there are ways for you to save. Saving on travel is easy. Follow the advice below to find the best travel deals.
- Use one of the travel websites. Kayak is a good travel website to find air, hotel, and rental deals. When using a service, do your homework. Compare prices for hotel and plane tickets.
- Always call the hotel and airline to check for deals and the best prices. The travel websites often charge 20% to 30% on top of what the hotel charges. However, neither the travel website nor the hotel tells you that. The Ylang Ylang Beach Resort often offers special package deals!
- If you’ve already booked your stay, look at last minute prices — be sure you can still cancel without a penalty. Call to see if there are any last minute deals, or if a hotel will beat your pricing.
- Make use of Backbid.com. This site forwards your reservation information to area hotels to see if your price can be beat. The results are promising, with an average of a 20% savings on a room.
- Look for low-cost airlines. Often, new plane routes cost less per ticket, sometimes by as much as 50%. However, try to book your tickets at least three months in advance.
These tips will help you save money when traveling to Costa Rica so you can have a wonderful family vacation on a smaller budget.