When you travel to Costa Rica, the first thing on your mind is probably the beach. Lucky for you, great beaches and many quaint beach villages abound in this country. Since there are so many beaches to explore, we’ve narrowed down the top 10 to visit on your next trip to beautiful Costa Rica.
- Inside the Marino Ballena National Park is the beautiful Playa Arcos. It’s surrounded by jungle-covered steep hills.
- Playa Barrigona is located just north of Samara. It’s a stunning and well-hidden beach. You’ll have to drive down a bumpy road through dense jungle to get to it.
- Uvita is only accessible during low tide. It’s located 17 km south of Dominical along Coastal Highway 34. The sandy outcropping resembles a whale tail, giving it the name Uvita.
- Isla de Cano is only accessible by boat. You can reach it 10 miles off the coast of the Osa Peninsula.
- Playa Blanca and Playa Virador are located right next to each other on the Papagayo Peninsula. Since the Four Seasons dominates the peninsula, you’ll have to hike to the beaches, which are open to the public.
- Playa Matapalo is nestled between two popular spots, Manuel Antonio and Dominical. It’s quiet and offers a great sunset.
- Punta Uva boasts a coral reef just offshore and a pristine beach. It’s right outside Puerto Viejo, surrounded by jungle.
- Visit the sea turtles at Ostional. This beach is located just north of Nosara.
- Located on the Punta Quepoa peninsula, Playa Biesanz is a quiet beach surrounded by forest just outside of Manuel Antonio.
- The undeveloped beach of Esterillos is sure to please. Find it halfway between Manuel Antonio and Jaco.
For more information on stunning beaches and accommodations in Costa Rica, contact us here at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.