Those who travel to Costa Rica likely do it to see the amazing beaches there. The small, Latin American country is most well known for their beautiful beaches, some of the most beautiful in the whole world. The ocean waters are warm year round, and the beach communities have a rich offering of lodging and activities for tourists. More than two thirds of the country is made up of beaches, with five of the most popular listed below:
- Beaches on the Nicoya Peninsula. No, this is not just one beach, but a whole peninsula full of the beautiful white sand. The beaches here are not as lively as the ones closer to larger cities like Montezuma, but they are a lot more relaxing and remote.
- Manuel Antonio. This beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. It has two horseshoe bays with white, clean sand. Hills rise close by, topped with jungle vegetation. While there, you can also visit the waterfalls nearby in the hills.
- Playa Dominical. Playa Dominical is 30 miles south of Manuel Antonio. It is a popular spot for surfers, with surf camps located nearby. Even for those who do not surf, the beach is beautiful and quiet. There is also a good nightlife scene in the town.
- Montezuma. Montezuma is one of the largest beach communities. It is located on the inner part of the Nicoya Peninsula. The beach here is diverse, with lots of local wildlife, waterfalls and tidal pools.
- Tortuquero. Tortuquero is located on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. This beach is the most popular with the eco tourists. The area boasts hiking, endangered wildlife and guided safaris.
For a great place to stay at on one of the most beautiful beaches, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.