There is so much more to see once you get beyond the hotels in Costa Rica. Once you get your pampering at the spa out of the way, you should go explore some of the natural attractions in the small, rural country. At least half, if not more, of the best places to visit are natural areas of Costa Rica. There is also something to be said of a country where two of the best places to see happen to feature volcanoes. Below are the top 5 natural destinations.
- Osa Peninsula. Located in this region is the Corcovado National Park. This park features some of the last un-touched, lowland, tropical rainforest left in Central America. Many animals call this area home, including jaguars, many bird species and crocodiles. You can camp inside the park or stay in Drake Bay.
- Rio Sarapiqui Region. See many different ecosystems in this region of Costa Rica. Most of this region contains tropical forests that rise up out of the coastal lowlands. Many private reserves are located here, as well as the Braulio Carrillo National Park.
- Manuel Antonio. The national park here offers a unique experience. The park is full of different species of monkey. The jungle meets the Pacific Coast in Manuel Antonio. You’ll have ample opportunity to see the steep jungle hills and uninhabited islands off the coast.
- Arenal Volcano Area. Spend the day soaking in the hot springs of Arenal while listening to the volcano rumble. At night, you can see a light show as the volcano constantly erupts.
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park. This beautiful area also boasts a volcano. Within the park are numerous hot springs, geysers and vents to explore.
To learn more about what Costa Rica offers, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.