When on your first Costa Rica vacation, you might not have a clue where you should go or what to do. There are so many activities to do in Costa Rica, you might not be able to choose. However, there are some activities that you do not want to miss.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. This area of Costa Rica is completely unique from the rest of the country. Here, most residents speak English. The area is known for its Afro
- Arenal. The Arenal Volcano is a sight to see. During a clear day, you can see its conical shape rising in the distance. Take one of the many tours available to visit one of the lakes near the summit. At night, you can watch and hear the small eruptions within this active giant.
- -Caribbean culture and delicious Jamaican food. All around you’ll hear reggae playing in every home and business.
- Tortuguero. For a great eco-tourism destination, check out Parque Nacional Tortuguero. Here, the jungle is filled with narrow canals. You can rent a canoe to take you through these canals and take an opportunity to watch and take pictures of the local wildlife.
- The Central Valley. For outdoor adventurists, the Central Valley is the place to be. Experience some of the best whitewater rafting in all of Central America.
- Playa Samara. Playa Samara is one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. It offers white sands and turquois seas.
For more information on visiting Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.