When on your first Costa Rica vacation, you might not have a clue where to go or what to do. There are so many activities to do in Costa Rica, it’s difficult to choose. However, there are some activities that you don’t want to miss.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. Here, most residents speak English. The area is known for its diverse, multi-cultural vibe and “go slow” attitude.
- Arenal. On a clear day, you can see the conical shape of the Arenal Volcano rising in the distance. Take one of the many tours available to visit one of the lakes near the summit. At night, you can watch and listen to small eruptions within this active giant.
- Tortuguero. For a great eco-tourism destination, check out Parque Nacional Tortuguero. The jungle here is filled with narrow canals. Rent a canoe to take you through these canals so you can enjoy watching and photographing the local wildlife.
- The Central Valley. For outdoor adventurists, the Central Valley is the place to be. Experience some of the best whitewater rafting in all of Central America.
- Playa Samara. Playa Samara is one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. It offers white sands and turquois seas.
For more information on visiting Costa Rica, contact us at the Ylang Ylang Beach Resort.